Hanging Out at Heathrow
Here we are in London's Heathrow Airport. We have 4 hours until our flight leaves for Oslo...are you tired of hearing from us yet? We are once again in the BA lounge living the "high life". I just brushed my teeth and freshened up, but Ken is off showering. Here is my tip for the day ... when at all possible, when you board the airplane, turn left, not right. What is beyond that little curtain is a world hidden from us "coach people". Of course, greeted with drinks and food immediately, but oh that leg room on British Air Business Class !! The seats fully recline and the seat in front of you has a foot rest for you to use. My body was sooo happy. You basically have a bed. Take off was very odd, as we were facing the tail of the plane. I had dinner (from crab/mango salad, steak and key lime pie) and then fell asleep until breakfast rolled around with fresh fruit, rolls, breakfast sandwich, smoothies, coffee and "anything else mum?" I felt a bit like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman..a bit out of place, but loving it. Ken, as usual, slept well. Oddly, he doesn't snore in Business Class ! If we had paid for these tickets they would have been around $8,500 each !! I just kept looking around me to see who was doing this ! As some of you know, Ken and I originally did not have seats together, so this meant we would be sleeping next to strangers. I said that I was sure someone would trade. Ken said to wait to see who he was next to 1st...perhaps he wouldn't want to trade. He was going to give me a signal if the trade was off. As we were getting settled, I hear Ken ask someone immediately if they would trade. Business class was full of Business MEN, not the Women's Norweigen ski team as he was hoping. Cherrio ~Sally
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home