Off to Lillehammer....or Ken's continued search for the womens ski team
It is almost 9am and Ken is off to pick up the car for what we think is a 3 hour drive to Lillehammer. There we will check out Vinstra, home town of the Bakkens. Yes, Susan, I will try to get them to like me. Good blogging folks !! We ate enough breakfast to join the Olympic team. We got to the breakfast room early so could ask what things were....normal stuff like fruit, eggs, cereal, goooood yogurt, cheese, mests, bread and lots of different thickness of coffee. Then to the odd meatballs and on to the pickled mackrel. Barb, I think I saw the hesd cheese yesterday, but it wasn't there this morning ! And I was going to try it ! Ken asked what the crepes were called. He said,but we couldn't remember. Basically...crepes...but no whip cream...what's with that! There was stuff in toothpaste like tubes that I tried...smoked salmon spread and mayo. There were a group of giggling teen age girls at breakfast with party hats on. Seemed to be waiting to yell surprise to someone who wasn't showing up. You could hear this long Norwegian yakking, giggling and then ÔH....MY.....GOD !!! giggle giggle. Girls are girls. Okay, the girls just went by giggling again. Ola, the front desk guy tells me the girl in the gorilla costume is getting married next week end and they are having....how you say .... drink out - ah, yes. Until later...hope all is well with you all. Sally
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home