Where In The World Are Ken and Sally?

Follow us on our adventures (and no doubt misadventures)through Norway, England and Italy. Farvel, Cheerio and Ciao ! Ken and Sally

If you don't want to add a comment, email us at:
bakkens3@comcast.net

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Norway Observations

We picked up our laundry yesterday. It seems they shrank my shirt. I had a college roommate who used to borrow my clothes and shrink them. I wonder if she is working in a laudromat in Bergen....Lynne? Asleep around 10:30pm last night and didn't wake up untl 8:30am !! It is raining this morning, so glad we did a lot of sightseeing yesterday. We called it a day around 6pm. A light dinner is included with our room, so we went for it. Meatballs (sort of), rice, soup, bread and salad......worked for us ! Before we head to London to see what we can do there, I wanted to put down a few short observations, so I don't forget....

There are raised thresholds everywhere (Sally killers)

There is a step up into the bathrooms

The hotel rooms are kept warm, but the windows open without any barriers ! No worry about jumpers, I guess. Too cold outside, perhaps.

Cars aren't tiny, like Italy. Even saw a couple of Hummers.

English is taught starting in third grade, so almost everyone speaks English.

GREAT bread, but what was that paste I tried for breakfast this morning? It had the taste of smokey summer sausage.

No Starbucks, but there are 7-Elevens and of course McDonalds (A Burger King and Subway in Oslo)

BBC World news is great ! I wish we had it at home. Europe is struggling with the same immigration issues that we are. They are afraid the immigrants are taking work away from locals.

Almost all the music we hear is American. Although, we did hear some Norwegian hip hop.

Personal Notes;

Barb- Very smart thinking about conintuing to blog. Who knows..there may be a prize (some head cheese)
Linda-Thanks for the offer to send Denny over. Perhaps you should (Denny is a firefighter). We are picking up a new converter today. Who knows what we'll do in England !
Jen and Lynne- I wore a mock neck yesterday ! This weather cools you to the bone and helps hot flashes.
To our family-It was so good to talk to you yesterday. Susan, I'm glad you finally found the phone....Love you all, Sally

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home