Where In The World Are Ken and Sally?

Follow us on our adventures (and no doubt misadventures)through Norway, England and Italy. Farvel, Cheerio and Ciao ! Ken and Sally

If you don't want to add a comment, email us at:
bakkens3@comcast.net

Thursday, May 11, 2006

This and That...

There are field of grape seed (used for oil) everywhere. It is thick in the air and really plugs your head up.

Thanks again for all of your comments and emails. I just added a couple of pics to our "Leaving London" post.

Dakota: Uncle Ken and I did not go into the maze. We were only able to walk in certain areas. We were VERY careful to follow all of the rules, so we would leave a good impression of Americans. Congratulations Dakota! You win the prize for our youngest blogger!

Kelli and Sondra: Yes, you know Ken will have that maze in our front yard before we unpack. It will also provide another place for Christmas lights!

Susan:You have us pictured perfectly. A cross between Chevy Chase's European Vacation and the Clampits. We have not had many incidents here (yet), so will leave England much the way we found it. Tell Mike Italy is tomorrow.

Barb: I hope your palms haven't been too sweaty following us along :) Keep trying for that prize......

Lynne and Jen:Thanks for your comments and email. It makes me feel "not so far away".

Geo:I really got very little sleep the other night. I kept having nightmares about ghosts and being chased....I wonder why?! As you said, the British are a gruesome bunch.

To all:Because you are following us on our blog, when we start telling you a story about our trip, or show you pictures, you can say "been there, done that"! When I go to fall alseep at night, I think of many of you saying that you feel like you are traveling with us. I think of the end of the Walton's "Good night Sondra, Good night Susan, Good night.... "(well, you get the idea).

Impressions of England:
We loved the energy of London and the peacefulness of the country. We have found the British to be great. They have a funny sense of humor and once you start to talk to them, they are very friendly and helpful. Each town or Village seems to think they are the best and there seems to be a competition between them. Ken says he has had more beer here than he has ever had. There have only been 2 rainy days, the rest beautiful. We have really enjoyed England, and it will be a return trip some day. Tomorrow Venice! Cheerio and Ciao! Love and miss you all! Sally

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home